The Fort Frances Public Library Technology Centre is a dynamic community hub. Our mission is to provide evolving and superior library services in a safe and welcoming space for all. As one of our Public Service Clerks, Casual you will play an integral part in facilitating a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the Library.
Public Service Clerks assist with the provision of services to the public; including circulation, patron registration, reference services, readers’ advisory services, photocopying, and computer assistance. This position is casual with no guaranteed hours, and will include evenings and weekends. Must be available on an on-call basis.
- Performs circulation duties as necessary; checking out library material, discharging items, processing and renewing member registrations, shelving returned material, shelf-reading, taking hold requests, collecting fees and fines, taking registrations for programs, booking meeting rooms, assisting with photocopying, faxing and printing
- Handles cash and conducts opening and closing procedures
- Assists patrons with printing, photocopying, and faxing
- Handles routine complaints and refers unusual situations to the Library CEO
- Responds to patron questions and situations in accordance with library policy and in a manner to enhance the reputation of the library as a public service organization
- Performs reference and information services duties as requested; answering in-person, telephone, and e-mail queries
- Provides reader’s advisory services by suggesting materials appropriate to age, reading interest, and ability
- Assists patrons in locating material and information in the library, on the internet, and in the Library’s e-Resources.
- Instructs and assist library patrons in the use of the internet, numerous software applications, online databases, and downloaded content
- Troubleshoots a variety of personal electronic device problems for patrons including smartphones, tablets, and laptops
- Assists individuals and groups utilizing conferencing and presentation equipment including, Smartboards; as well as providing assistance with adaptive technology and software
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and supports library goals and objectives
- Obligated to protect the privacy of library patrons who may be borrowing material dealing with confidential issues.
- Print 3D models using the 3D Printer for patrons as a part of the Quick Print service model
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and initiatives
- The On-Call Library Assistant is irregularly scheduled and works on a call-in basis; including covering staff vacations or sick leave. Hours include evenings and weekends
- Works in a computerized public service environment
- Working conditions regularly involve a degree of mental stress and physical strain with the possibility of prolonged periods with irregular breaks
- Some element of personal risk involved in the performance of these duties
- Adherence to COVID-19 protocols and policies are required
- COVID-19 training will be supplied if needed
Email applications are required. Please submit your resume, cover letter and contact information for three supervisory referees by email to email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday, October 3, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.