As of June 15, 2022, this policy is held in abeyance and will be reinstated in the future as needed.
When mandated, all employees, visitors, and patrons are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering and remaining within Fort Frances Public Library Technology Centre. The mask or face covering must fully cover the nose, mouth and chin without gaps.
Back to top
The following persons are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask or face covering:
- Children under two years of age, or children under the age of five years either chronologically or developmentally who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver;
- Persons who cannot safely wear a mask or face covering because of medical conditions such as breathing difficulties, cognitive difficulties, hearing or communication difficulties;
- Persons who cannot wear or are unable to apply or remove a mask without assistance, including those who are accommodated under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) or who have protections under the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c.H.19, as amended;
- A person who is employed by or is an agent of the Operator of an Enclosed Public Space and is within or behind a physical barrier such as Plexiglas.
Back to top
Temporary removal of the mask or face covering is permitted where necessary for the following purposes:
- Consuming food or drink;
- For any emergency or medical purpose.
- This policy will be implemented and enforced in “good faith” to primarily educate people on masks and face coverings and promote their use in enclosed public spaces.
- Persons with exemptions listed under 1-1) are not required to show proof of exemption.
- Signs about the requirement to wear masks or face coverings shall be posted at all public entrances. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will also be made available at all entrances and exits for persons entering or exiting the Fort Frances Public Library Technology Centre.
Employees will be trained on the policy, including:
- How and when to provide verbal reminders of the masking requirement to persons entering the premises without a mask or face covering, and those who remove their mask or face covering for an extended period of time;
- Where and how to properly wear a mask or face covering;
- How to respond to customers who do not have a mask or face covering;
- Where people can get more information about the policy; and
- How to handle a customer who becomes aggressive about the requirement to wear a mask.
- A copy of this policy will be made available on request to a public health inspector or other person authorized to enforce the Reopening Ontario Act Ontario Regulation 364/20. The implementation of this policy is contingent upon the mandatory regulation and will remain in place until the regulation is rescinded.